Paper Of Sociology PPSC 25-10-2020
Sharing today question with accurate ans. Error omission accepted.
- The term ‘sociology’ was coined by comte.
- In which year the term ‘Sociology’ was coined?
- French Revolution took place in the year 1789.
- The word ‘Sociology’ is made up of two words. These are sociois and logos.
- Society symbolises the network of social relationship.
- Marriage is a/an important and universal social institution of society.
- Who among the following was on the opinion that” A gift is a social substitute for money among moneyless cultures.”? Ogburn
8.Which of the following factors does not contribute to the growth of traditional societies?Community and associational life is kept loose without any prescribed basis of social existence
9.Functional theory of stratification propounded by davis and moore.
- Demographers do not take into account high and wieght.
- The value which cannot be determined graphically is: mean
- The most frequent item of the series around which other items are densely populated is known as: mode
- What is the theoretical framework that focuses on the level of economic development as the determinant of birth and death rates, referred to as? Optimum theory population
- Who among the following authors initially used the term ‘social physics’ for Sociology? Social physics.
- Force theory about origin of society is not accepted because it is believed that: not historically correct.
- Marx proclaimed that religion would disappear when a socialist revolution removed the need for capitalist ideology.
- In Durkheim’s work, the term ‘collective representations’ refers to: shared ideas and moral values
- Secularization involves the two related ideas of: disengagement and disemchantment
- A sect is organised around voluntary membership, democratic leadership, and high levels of emotional commitment
The shift from ‘civil religion’ to ‘common religion’ means that:despite the weakening of traditional authority, our everyday lives and common sense remain shaped by religious beliefs and values.
21.Comte’s term ‘positivism’ refers to: the precise, scientific study of observable phenomena
- Durkheim defined social facts as:ways of acting, thinking, and feeling that are collective and social in origin
- Dahrendorf, Rex, and Habermas focused their attention on: power domination and conflict.
- survey should avoid leading question.
- Ethnographic research produces qualitative data because t uncovers rich, detailed accounts from an insiders perspective.
- One of the difficulties in ‘operationalizing’ concepts like social class is that definitions and indicators can vary, making valid comparisons problematic.
- Chodorow (1978) argued that gender socialization occurred through:both boys and girls being closely attached to their mothers, but then boys breaking away.
- The ‘two-sex’ model that Laqueur (1990) identified:distinguished between male and females as separate sexes
- Queer Theory makes the claim that sexualities are pluralistic, fragmented and frequently reconstructed.
- Foucault’s term ‘biopolitics’ refers to:forms of knowledge such as demographic statistics, which allow us to map and measure populations.
- The general fertility rate fell between 1964 and 2000 because of increases in the age of marriage and the age at which childbearing begins.
- ‘demographic transition’ is a social trend that involves decline in the birth rate, greater life expectancy, and an ageing population.
33.stage 3 of the ‘health transition’, the main causes of illness and death are chronic, degenerative diseases, such as cancer, heart disease, and strokes.
- The view of anti-psychiatrists like Scheff was that mental illness was: all of above.
- The shift from ‘civil religion’ to ‘common religion’ means that despite the weakening of traditional authority, our everyday lives and common sense remain shaped by religious beliefs and values.
- Which of the following was not part of Weber’s ideal type of bureaucracy: salaries.
- According to Foucault, carceral organizations: isolated people and put them under surveillance.
- In the debate about the ‘managerial revolution’, John Scott (1997) argued that: owners still exercised control through groups of shareholders and interlocking directorships.
- The human relations approach emphasized the importance of: teamwork, communication and employee satisfaction.
- The trend of decarceration involves: community alternatives to imprisonment and institutional care.
- The market model of state welfare is based on the principle of: individuals buying welfare privately, with some means-tested benefit.
- the context of the labour movement in the nineteenth century, ‘incorporation’ : including working class organizations in political bargaining .
- Which of the following did the post-war welfare state of 1948 not aim to provide: minimum wage
- According to Hakim (1995, 1996), the majority of part-time work is done by women because:they make a rational choice to combine employment with their home-centred.
- Telework is a form of employment that involves: working at home for an outside employer, using information technology
- Brazil president 2018:jair
- Youth day :12 august
- Social positiom earned in life: achieved
- Indo pak 1965 hero: major aziz bhatti
- Earth planet: 4th
51: metereology: Aristotle.
- Moosa prophetwood: mountain toor.
- Gift of nile:egypt.
Share if u remember other question.